Dawgs By Nature:
- Browns have a chance to exorcise ghosts of playoffs past (Thomas Moore) - NFL’s most-resilient team can write a new narrative about the franchise’s inability to win on the road in the playoffs.
- Browns’ offensive snap counts, stats, and notes: Week 17 - Cleveland stacks up the YAC (Chris Pokorny) - Below, we analyze the snap counts and stats on offense for the Cleveland Browns’ Week 17 game against the New York Jets.
- Browns’ defensive snap counts, stats, and notes: Week 17 - Ronnie Hickman needs to keep playing (Chris Pokorny) - Below, we analyze the snap counts and stats on defense for the Cleveland Browns’ Week 17 game against the New York Jets.
- Browns playoffs: More cause for optimism if these 6 players return after being out in Week 17 (Jared Mueller) - Cleveland’s roster has been decimated with injuries and this week’s updates didn’t create a ton of optimism, but there is some hope of getting some guys back that weren’t available this week.
- Browns history: Week 18 provides opportunity to do something not seen in 37 years (Matt Wilson) - The Browns have been hitting milestones all season long, and now they have another one in their sights.
- Joe Flacco cashing in with every victory (Thomas Moore) - Cleveland Browns quarterback Joe Flacco has been on an impressive run since taking over the starting job. Not only is Flacco helping the Browns win on the field, but he is also helping his bank account thanks to the way his contract is structured.
- Video: Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel praises Browns resiliency (Jared Mueller) - At one point in time, Miami Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel was most known for his role in a trick play involving Johnny Manziel when he was a part of the Cleveland Browns coaching staff under Kyle Shanahan. Today, McDaniel is the quirky head coach of a top team in the AFC but when given a chance to speak about the Browns success in overcoming things in 2023 took time to laud his former team.
- Browns in line to win 5 or 6 major awards this season (Jared Mueller) - Coach of the Year seems locked up but is MVP a possibility for Cleveland this year?
- Browns vs Jets: Breaking down Kareem Hunt’s touchdown run - Film Don’t Lie (Matt Wilson) - It’s no secret that Cleveland’s run game has been pretty bad for the past 5-6 weeks, but they finally got something going against the New York Jets. Jerome Ford had a great day on the ground and through the air, while Kareem Hunt continued to show his strength and power on interior runs.
- The Browns and their fans deserve Joe Flacco … and vice versa (Browns Zone) - This is why we love sports. When things like this happen. Things totally out of the blue. Unexpected things. Wonderful things. Things nobody thought had any chance of happening. Joe Flacco things.
- Joel Bitonio relishes Browns playoff berth after years ‘where there was no hope’ (Beacon Journal) - Joel Bitonio looked and sounded like a man doomed to a certain fate. It was Christmas Eve, 2022. The Browns had just seen their playoff hopes officially go into the deep freeze with a home loss to the New Orleans Saints, and the All-Pro left guard was wearing his emotions on his face in a way he rarely does.
- David Njoku calls out NFL.com’s Adam Rank over preseason Browns prediction (Awful Announcing) - As he celebrated the Cleveland Browns‘ postseason-clinching victory over the New York Jets on Thursday night, David Njoku decided to take a look at some receipts. That included one from NFL.com’s Adam Rank, who had projected the Browns to go 6-11 during the 2023 campaign during his preseason predictions.
- Browns sign QB to active roster off Cardinals practice squad; what it means for P.J. Walker (cleveland.com) - Help is on the way for the Browns quarterback room as they head into the playoffs soon. On Friday, they signed eighth-year pro Jeff Driskel, 30, to the active roster of the Arizona Cardinals’ practice squad.
- Relatable Baker Mayfield was perfect QB to follow Tom Brady with Bucs (Tampa Bay Times) - Tom Brady gave the Bucs faith. Baker Mayfield gives them fire. Brady was polished and a perfectionist. Mayfield is about effort and is the everyman quarterback.
- Russell Wilson reveals Broncos approached him about contract during bye week (NFL.com) - Russell Wilson’s benching surprised many this week, but not Wilson. He’d known it might be possible since the end of October. Wilson spoke with media members Friday and said the Broncos approached him with a demand entering their Week 9 bye.
- NFL puts TE Drew Ogletree on Commissioner Exempt List; can’t practice or play (indystar.com) - The NFL has placed Colts tight end Drew Ogletree on the Commissioner Exempt List after his arrest Friday, removing Ogletree from the roster while the league investigates the accusations against him.
- Seattle Seahawks releasing LB Frank Clark, source says (ESPN) - The Seattle Seahawks plan to release three-time Pro Bowl edge rusher Frank Clark on Saturday, a source told ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The reunion of Clark and the Seahawks will end after two months and zero sacks.