Dawgs By Nature:
- Browns Geron Christian: A four-game progress report (Barry Shuck) - The Cleveland Browns roster has been decimated by injuries, so lets see how left tackle Geron Christian has done in replacing Jedrick Wills Jr.
- Browns, Jaguars final injury report: JAX rules out 4, 5 questionable; CLE has 4 questionable (Jared Mueller) - The Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars will find out which team can overcome injury issues in Week 14. While the big stories have been around both teams’ starting quarterbacks, the visitors have a huge injury report while the home team is much healthier but got some concerning news Friday as well.
- Browns vs. Jaguars: Week 14 Need to Know (Thomas Moore) - Mystery surrounds who will play QB for both teams as the Cleveland Browns fight to stay in the AFC playoff hunt in a home tilt against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Here is everything you need to know about the game.
- Browns injuries: Updates on Browns top pass catchers (Barry Shuck) - The upcoming game for the Cleveland Browns is against the AFC South Division leader Jacksonville Jaguars. Needless to say, the Jags are a good football team. But the Browns have had several of their weapons hurt lately with huge questions as to whether they would be available against the Jaguars.
- Browns, Jags QB updates Friday: More info, no clarity with Trevor Lawrence, DTR (Jared Mueller) - We are a little less than 48 hours away from two AFC playoff contenders, and the current 4th and 5th seeds in the conference, matching up in Week 14 of the 2023 NFL season. The Cleveland Browns have been dealing with quarterback issues all season with Week 13 seeing Joe Flacco become their fourth starter of the year.
- Browns, Steelers two-game losing streaks are very different (Jared Mueller) - The AFC North has been know as a rugged, difficult conference for a long time. Basically, since its inception in 2002. The Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals have taken turns fighting for the top of the division over those two decades. After Thursday Night Football, both the Browns and Steelers have two-game losing streaks going on. Cleveland has a chance to snap theirs against the Jacksonville Jaguars this week who will come in with a lot of unknowns at quarterback.
- ‘You want your ace out there’: Browns defense eager for Denzel Ward’s return from injury (Beacon Journal) - Earlier this season, Martin Emerson Jr. revealed he has closely observed fellow Browns cornerback Denzel Ward and adopted some of his habits. The Browns are eager to benefit from Ward’s intangibles and production again on game day.
- With Browns’ starting QB up in the air vs. Jaguars, David Njoku says ‘nothing changes’ for pass catchers (cleveland.com) - It’s almost second nature for David Njoku. The Browns tight end, who was drafted by Cleveland in 2017 and is in his seventh season in Cleveland, doesn’t have to think hard to rattle off the starting quarterbacks he’s caught passes from.
- Jim Schwartz all over front four to get back on track with sacks, power defense (Browns Zone) - Za’Darius Smith doesn’t like to be defined by sacks alone. As a defensive end, quarterback hits, pressures and pass rush win rate can be even more important. Smith is all about the sack this week.
- How the Browns run game matches up against Jaguars front seven (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Cleveland Browns will welcome the Jacksonville Jaguars to Cleveland on Sunday for their week 14 matchup; yet, the Browns have a tall task ahead of them as the Jaguars are the only NFL team that is still undefeated on the road this season. The Jaguars are known for their high-powered offense, but their defensive front is one of the best in the league. Despite the talented Jaguars front seven, the Browns won’t shy away from running the ball.
- The stakes have never been higher for a game between Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen (The Ringer) - The NFL’s two best quarterbacks face off in Week 14. So why does this matchup lack juice? It may be because the Chiefs and Bills have pushed the limits of how far superhero quarterbacks can take them.
- Ten things the Jaguars must do to regain momentum and beat the Browns (jaguars.com) - This one feels big. Really big. And while that would have been true in many circumstances, the specific circumstances around the Jaguars these days give Sunday’s game against the Cleveland Browns at Cleveland Browns Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio, added importance. Those circumstances are layered, with quarterback Trevor Lawrence being the most high-profile – and important layer – for the AFC South-leading Jaguars
- Saints know only way to silence boos, keep jobs is to win (ESPN) - New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara isn’t going to pretend he’s oblivious to the frustration surrounding the team. He heard it loud and clear Sunday during the Saints’ 33-28 loss to the Detroit Lions in the Caesars Superdome. There were a significant amount of Lions fans in the building and the Saints fans in attendance booed the team, particularly quarterback Derek Carr, early and often.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick blasts Steelers’ effort in loss Patriots: ‘In order to see the fruit, you’ve gotta toil for it’ (NFL.com) - The 7-win Steelers’ back-to-back home losses to 2-10 teams set off a stench in Pittsburgh. In what was supposed to be the easy stretch of their schedule before the end-of-season ramp-up, Mike Tomlin’s club wilted like a daisy in the cold. Thursday night’s 21-18 loss was a group effort of ineptness, from an offense that couldn’t get out of its own way under Mitch Trubisky to a defense lit up by Bailey Zappe in the first half. Veteran safety Minkah Fitzpatrick pointed to the lack of mental fortitude and willingness to put in the work as the reason the Steelers flopped against 2-win opponents.
How are you feeling about Sunday’s game? How did the Steelers loss (and crumbling internally it seems) impact how you feel about playoff hopes?