The NFL will officially announce the 2023 NFL regular season schedule at 8:00 PM ET tonight.
When the schedule comes out, we will dedicate a full article to it, including some analysis of how it favors or doesn’t favor the Cleveland Browns. Until then, there could be various schedule leaks throughout the day, helping us piece a few things together. We will update this tracker throughout the day to track any schedule-related rumors.
2023 Browns Schedule Tracker
8:13 PM: It is live! Click here for the Browns’ 2023 regular season schedule.
7:41 PM: One last update with what we think you will hear in 20 minutes:
- Wk 1 vs. Bengals
- Wk 2 at Steelers Monday Night Football
- Wk 3 vs. Titans
- Wk 4 vs. Ravens
- Wk 5 Bye Week
- Wk 6 vs. 49ers
- Wk 7 at Colts
- Wk 8 at Seahawks
- Wk 9 vs. Cardinals
- Wk 10 at Ravens
- Wk 11 vs. Steelers
- Wk 12 at Broncos
- Wk 13 at Rams
- Wk 14 vs Jaguars
- Wk 15 vs. Bears
- Wk 16 at Texans
- Wk 17 vs. Jets Thursday Night Football
- Wk 18 at Bengals
5:48 PM: Based on piecing together information, I believe the Browns first six opponents are (weeks included if information available):
- Week 1 Bengals at home
- Week 2 @ Steelers MNF
- Week 6 Niners at home
5:18 PM: Catching up on what I know, some of which has been reported elsewhere, maybe most of it:
- Week 1 Bengals at home
- Week 6 Niners at home
- Week 15 Bears at home
- Bye Week in the first half of the season
5:10 PM: Hearing Cleveland will face their AFC North rivals early in the season, likely within the first 5 to 6 weeks. Hours remain until the show and very few leaks have come out for the Browns schedule. Slightly impressive compared to other teams as noted below. -JM
5 PM: While not exactly listing when the Browns will be playing, a list of rumored dates for when their opponents will be playing this season, courtesy of si.com, offers some insight (if true) into some potential weeks that the Browns will not be playing certain teams.
The 2023 NFL schedule will be officially released at 8 p.m. ET Thursday. But @MattVerderame is keeping a running list on every leaked game, team schedule, dates and more leading up to tonight’s unveilinghttps://t.co/puzVl1q6Op— The MMQB (@theMMQB) May 11, 2023
- The San Francisco 49ers are reportedly playing the Dallas Cowboys in Week 5 and the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 13, so they won’t be facing the Browns in those weeks.
- The Chicago Bears are reportedly playing the Green Bay Packers in Week 1 and the Washington Commanders in Week 5, so strike those weeks for the Browns.
- The Denver Broncos are reportedly hosting the Packers in Week 7, so Cleveland will not be traveling to Denver that week.
- The Arizona Cardinals are reportedly playing the Commanders in Week 1 and the New York Giants in Week 2, so no early season meeting for the Browns.
- The Indianapolis Colts are in Germany to play the New England Patriots in Week 10, so scratch that week for the Browns.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars reportedly open at home in Week 2 against the Kansas City Chiefs, and then have consecutive games in London in Weeks 4 (against the Atlanta Falcons) and Week 5 (against the Buffalo Bills), so the Browns will not be facing the Jaguars early in the season.
- The New York Jets are busy with games reportedly set in Week 1 through Week 4, Week 8 and Week 9, Week 12 and Week 16, none against the Browns.
- The Los Angeles Rams are reportedly playing the Packers in Week 9 and the Giants in Week 17, so ignore those dates for the Browns.
- The Seattle Seahawks are reportedly playing the Giants in Week 4, the 49ers in Week 12 and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 17, so the Browns are not on the schedule those weeks.
- The Houston Texans are reportedly hosting the Steelers in Week 4.
- The Cincinnati Bengals are reportedly playing the Chiefs in Week 17, so that is a second divisional game off the table for the Browns that weekend.
- The Ravens are playing the Tennessee Titans in London in Week 6, so no matchup with the Browns that weekend against either the Ravens or Titans.
- The Steelers are reportedly booked Week 4 (Houston), Week 10 (Green Bay) and Week 17 (Seattle), so Steeler Week will not take place those weekends for the Browns.
Got all that?
2:12 PM: We have our second supposed leaked game for the Browns schedule from a local Chicago ESPN host:
Source: Bears @ Browns in Week 15. Nothing like a trip to Cleveland in December! @ESPN1000 @Jurko64 @WaddleandSilvy @tweetjhood @TWaddle87 @thekapman @chrisbleck @AdamAAbdalla pic.twitter.com/5PrqbtiLzr— Carmen DeFalco (@CarmenDeFalco) May 11, 2023
12:20 PM: This year has been unlike many in the past. Information about individual team schedules has been harder to come by. Albert Breer noted on Fox Sports Radio that many were required to sign something (NDA probably) before being given the schedule. One of our associate directors is having a similar problem as I am with getting information that has been quite easy in the past:
I had confirmed the entire Bills schedule by 6PM last year. Buttoned up a little bit more in 2023.— Matt Warren (@MattRichWarren) May 11, 2023
11:50 AM: Working on more details but hearing two primetime games this year. Obviously, there are flex options later in the season. -JM
10:30 AM: The NFL is not going to waste any time in featuring quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the New York Jets as the Jets will host the Buffalo Bills on Monday Night Football in Week 1:
AFC East showdown: Bills-Jets set for Sept. 11 in "Monday Night Football" Week 1 matchuphttps://t.co/WD6ObZ30Gn pic.twitter.com/zgqzATjQN2— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) May 11, 2023
10:20 AM: It looks like a different rumor for Week 1 is swirling:
Rumors are swirling that it’s Bengals at Browns week 1…— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) May 11, 2023
How would you feel about that as the opener? pic.twitter.com/IUiSzKYFCr
8:35 AM: Not sure how to couch this in here except I’ve heard a lot of murmurs about Browns Vs. Steelers in Week 1. This is not a report as I do not have the schedule yet but that is the working theory I’ve been hearing this AM. If so, believe that will be a road game. -JM
8:15 AM: While the rest of the league, it seems, have things already announced or leaked on their schedule, the Browns have not. Jack Duffin of The OBR has started tracking the rest of the league and when Cleveland’s opponents have games announced or leaked:
#Browns Schedule Tracker— Jack Duffin (@JackDuffin) May 11, 2023
Here are the weeks we know games can't take place (red)
Will update as we hear more verified reports, not from someone’s mothers, brothers dog
Teams are offered a bye after the international games but don't have to take it, so have added these (yellow) pic.twitter.com/22EVRZCezv
8:00 AM: Good morning, Browns fans! The biggest bit of schedule news that we learned on Wednesday is that Cleveland will not be featured in any international games this season.
There were also some other big games released, such as the Bengals playing the Chiefs in Week 17 for New Year’s Eve, a couple of the Christmas Day games, and the first Black Friday game (featuring the Dolphins vs. the Jets).