Dawgs By Nature:
- Browns vs. Texans Playoff Preview and Prediction - Can Cleveland repeat a blowout? (Chris Pokorny) - This Saturday, the Cleveland Browns take on the Houston Texans to kick off the NFL Playoffs for Wild Card Weekend. Below, we analyze a few advantages, disadvantages, and general thoughts about the two teams before getting to our predictions for the game.
- Browns vs. Texans: Wild Card Need to Know (Thomas Moore) - The Cleveland Browns will open their quest for the Super Bowl on Saturday when they face the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the NFL playoffs.
- Browns elevate 2 for playoff game; Both decisions may be injury indicators (Jared Mueller) - On Friday, the day before the Wild Card game against the Houston Texans, the Cleveland Browns elevated two players off their practice squad for Saturday’s game.
- Denzel Ward injury update: Report and indicator of CB’s Saturday status (Jared Mueller) - A vital piece of the Browns defense hurt his knee in the final practice Thursday and is questionable versus the Texans.
- Browns awards: Pro Football Talk hands out 2 to Browns coaching staff (Barry Shuck) - With the NFL regular season over and the NFL playoffs upon us, like most outlets, Pro Football Talk has started giving out its end-of-season awards.
- Jim Donovan talks Browns season, cancer and never giving up (Jared Mueller) - The Cleveland Browns have had an emotional year for a variety of reasons but the biggest was the health of the “Voice of the Browns” Jim Donovan. Friday, just a day away from the Browns taking on the Houston Texans in the Wild Card round of the playoffs, we got this video of Donovan narrating the team’s season and his battle with cancer.
- Browns vs Texans: 3 Things to Watch for in this upcoming playoff matchup (Jared Mueller) - It’s almost that time. The road to Las Vegas for Super Bowl 58 starts on Saturday with Super Wild Card Weekend. Six matchups. Two on Saturday, three on Sunday, and one on Monday night. We hope to witness cinema in those three weeks.
- Browns-Texans DraftKings Playoffs prop bets: Bet on Amari Cooper and David Njoku (Chris Pokorny) - The Cleveland Browns are on the road to face the Houston Texans for the first round of the NFL Playoffs this Saturday, January 13, at 4:30 PM ET. The Browns are 2-point favorites against the Texans, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. Here are my favorite player prop bets from the Browns’ perspective.
- Cleveland Browns DE Myles Garrett won’t be denied (ESPN) - This year, the Cleveland Browns have taken on Myles Garrett’s resilience, shaped by a string of promising seasons thwarted. Garrett had been derailed enough. He wasn’t about to allow it to happen again. And he vowed that this season, he wouldn’t be denied, no matter what.
- How are the Cleveland Browns like Pixar’s ‘The Incredibles’? Meet ‘The Remarkables’ (cleveland.com) - This Cleveland Browns season has taken “next man up” from a cliché to a reality. Nobody is quite sure how this happened, but we do know who is responsible. It’s taken an entire team to get here, but many have stood out, leading the way as the Browns drew upon their individual superpowers, shocked the NFL and now have given themselves a shot at the Super Bowl. Let’s meet “The Remarkables.”
- The UnderDawgs: 10 Browns players who ascended amid injuries on run to NFL playoffs (Beacon Journal) - What the Cleveland Browns have achieved by overcoming a bevy of key injuries en route to the NFL playoffs has captured the attention of not only Cleveland sports fans and media but also people throughout the league.
- Myles Garrett voted first-team All-Pro for third time (Browns Zone) - The postseason honors continued for defensive end Myles Garrett on Friday with an important one. Garrett was voted first-team All-Pro for the third time. He was the only Browns player to make the lists.
- Kansas City Chiefs potentially hosting one of coldest NFL games (ESPN) - The Kansas City Chiefs’ road to consecutive Super Bowls begins Saturday against the Miami Dolphins in chilly fashion. The forecast for Saturday night is projected to reach minus-5 degrees Fahrenheit, according to the Weather Channel, which would make it the coldest-ever football game in Kansas City.
- Patriots name Jerod Mayo as Bill Belichick’s replacement as head coach (Boston Globe) - The Patriots have named linebackers coach Jerod Mayo as their next head coach, the team announced Friday. The 37-year-old Mayo will be the 15th head coach in franchise history and the youngest active NFL coach. He will replace Bill Belichick, with whom the organization mutually parted ways on Thursday after 24 years.
- 2023 All-Pro Team: Lamar Jackson, Tyreek Hill, Aaron Donald highlight roster (NFL.com) - Christian McCaffrey, Tyreek Hill and Fred Warner are unanimous choices for The Associated Press 2023 NFL All-Pro Team. The San Francisco 49ers’ McCaffrey and Warner and the Miami Dolphins’ Hill received first-team votes from all 50 members of a nationwide panel of media members who regularly cover the league.
- Playoff football returns to Detroit for the first time in 30 Years. Those closest to the Lions are stoked—and wary. (The Ringer) - After three decades of heartbreak, the Lions are set to host a playoff game and have higher hopes than ever. Will this time be different?