Dawgs By Nature:
- Browns get blown out 45-14 by Texans in the playoffs, ending a magical season (Chris Pokorny) - The Cleveland Browns’ postseason is over, as they fell to the Houston Texans 45-14. It was very similar to the Rams game in early December: the defense didn’t make any plays, and the opposition had really good quarterback play and misdirections. And then, when Cleveland was still hoping to claw back, disaster struck on offense — and in the blink of an eye, it turned to a blowout.
- Browns, Texans Winners & Losers: Cleveland taken to the woodshed 45-14 - Brownies & Frownies (Barry Shuck) - Being in the playoffs is special and only 14 or 32 clubs get to experience it. In the end, Cleveland did not play well on both sides of the ball and was embarrassed 45-14 as both the offense and defense played poorly. So who played well for the Browns? Who didn’t?
- The other Browns, Texans trade is starting to work out for both teams (Jared Mueller) - John Metchie and Martin Emerson have played well this season.
- Joe Flacco’s amazing Browns run ends with playoff dud. Your move, Deshaun Watson (Beacon Journal) - Joe Flacco transitioning from dad mode to resurrect his NFL career and quarterback the Browns to the playoffs is a remarkable comeback story worthy of a movie. However, the credits are now rolling on a special Browns season and likely Flacco’s days with the organization after Cleveland’s 45-14 wild-card loss to the Houston Texans on Saturday night at NRG Stadium.
- Browns’ defense lets them down in their biggest moment as the season ends too soon (cleveland.com) - The Cleveland Browns defense — the unit that called themselves the best in the world all season and carried a boombox with them wherever they went, let their team down in their biggest moment.
- Texans 45, Browns 14: No. 1 defense destroyed, Joe Flacco throws pair of pick-sixes as season ends suddenly (Browns Zone) - The Cleveland Browns’ season and Joe Flacco’s magical run effectively ended on the pick-six by Houston Texans cornerback Steven Nelson midway through the third quarter. Flacco threw a 36-yard pick-six on fourth down on the next drive, erasing any doubt.
- Bills-Steelers playoff game postponed to Monday (wivb.com) - The Buffalo Bills playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Highmark Stadium has been moved to 4:30 p.m. Monday due to the significant winter storm forecasted to impact Western New York throughout the weekend.
- More than a ‘big meathead,’ Dan Campbell has resurrected the Lions (The Washington Post) - Dan Campbell stood before the Detroit Lions, delivering his usual address at the team hotel on the eve of game day. The players had come to expect anything from their coach. His eyes might turn glassy with tears. Spittle could form at the edges of his mouth. He may wave his hands so fiercely that it could make someone suspect his Himalayan forearms had grown gargantuan from the burden of keeping his hands attached. But they had never seen what happened on that night last season.
- C.J. Stroud on Texans’ wild-card rout over Browns: ‘This is a dream come true’ (NFL.com) - The Texans made their postseason return in emphatic fashion. Houston dominated Cleveland in all phases during Saturday’s opening game of Super Wild Card Weekend, riding a hot start by rookie C.J. Stroud and a defense intent on scoring points of its own to a 45-14 win over the Browns.