Dawgs By Nature:
- Browns vs. Bengals NFL Week 18 Preview and Prediction - Stay healthy, everyone (Chris Pokorny) - This Sunday, the Cleveland Browns take on the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 18. Below, we analyze a few advantages, disadvantages, and general thoughts about the two teams before getting to our predictions for the game.
- Browns elevate two players to the roster for Week 18 (Jared Mueller) - The Cleveland Browns face off with the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 18 of the NFL season. A game where many thought the home crowd in southwest Ohio would be going wild will, instead, be full of a lot of mild.
- Browns adjust Joe Flacco’s contract due to not playing in Week 18 (Jared Mueller) - With the NFL playoffs coming up, the Cleveland Browns do right by the veteran quarterback’s contract.
- Browns vs Bengals: 3 key things to watch in Week 18’s AFC North matchup (Curtiss Brown) - A meaningless Week 18 game can still be interesting.
- Potential Browns playoff opponent gets key weapon back in Week 18 (Jared Mueller) - Jacksonville Jaguars have activated WR Christian Kirk for key game to make the playoffs.
- Browns-Bengals DraftKings Week 18 prop bets: Bet on Cleveland’s Jeff Driskell to get a TD (Chris Pokorny) - The Cleveland Browns are on the road to face the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 18 of the 2023 NFL season this Sunday, January 7, at 1:00 PM ET. The Browns are 7-point underdogs against the Bengals, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. Here are my favorite player prop bets from the Browns’ perspective in Week 18.
- Amazing AI video of Browns, Lions fans for this year’s Super Bowl in Las Vegas (Jared Mueller) - The NFL playoffs are right around the corner with the Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions representing “The Barge” in the postseason. For the first time since 1953, both the Browns and Lions have won 10 games in the same season. The resurgence of the two Midwest teams gives way to the possibility of a Cleveland vs Detroit matchup in Super Bowl 58 out in Las Vegas.
- Community Convo: Desired playoff opponent and path (Jared Mueller) - Cleveland’s playoff opponent will be decided by two games in Week 18 with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts as the three options. All three teams are dealing with some major injuries that could impact which one gets the fourth seed and will host the Browns.
- Browns safeties Ronnie Hickman, D’Anthony Bell ‘ready when their number was called’ (Beacon Journal) - The young safety tandem of D’Anthony Bell and Ronnie Hickman will get a lot of playing time Sunday when the Browns close out the regular season at the Cincinnati Bengals. The circumstances of the game really weren’t likely to matter all that much to that point.
- Frank Ryan was one brainy Brown (Browns Zone) - So you know how in sports somebody will derisively describe some other somebody by saying, “He thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room”? Frank Ryan really was the smartest guy in the room.
- Browns at Bengals storylines, and how they might turn out (cleveland.com) - The Browns travel to Cincinnati to wrap up the regular season against the Bengals on Sunday afternoon and get to do so knowing they have the luxury of rest. It’s a luxury of a strong finish for the Browns (11-5), but here are several storylines to know, as well as predictions on how I think each may turn out.
- How the Browns plan to approach their season finale vs. Bengals (The Athletic $$) - There’s no immediate prize or short-term gain for the Cleveland Browns this week, which is why coach Kevin Stefanski plans to sit as many players as he can for Sunday’s regular-season finale in Cincinnati. Jeff Driskel, who wasn’t even on the team when the Browns practiced for the Week 17 playoff-clinching game, will start at quarterback.
- How Texans OC Bobby Slowik has helped C.J. Stroud excel as a rookie (ESPN) - In the waning seconds against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 9, Houston Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik had a hunch. The Texans were on the Buccaneers’ 15-yard line trailing 37-33 with 10 seconds remaining. Based on his analytical data, Slowik knew Bucs coach Todd Bowles would be in Cover 4. Texans coach DeMeco Ryans, who’s also the defensive playcaller, runs a similar Cover 4-based defensive approach, so Slowik knew how to attack what he had seen countless times in practice.
- 2024 NFL Draft: No. 2 overall pick scenarios for Commanders, Patriots and Cardinals in Week 18 (NFL.com) - The Chicago Bears have sewn up the No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, but the battle for the critical No. 2 selection will go right down to the wire in Week 18. Three teams with 4-12 records heading into Sunday are in contention for that spot. The Washington Commanders and New England Patriots are most likely to pick second behind the Bears, but the Arizona Cardinals also remain in the running.
- A season of ups and downs leads Dolphins to predictable foe for division crown (Miami Herald) - It was a loss in the first month of the season but it was also a reminder of how far the Dolphins needed to go to reach their ultimate goals. Miami’s 3-0 start to the 2023 season, which included a 70-point outing and 50-point win the week before, came to a screeching halt in Orchard Park, New York. The 48-20 defeat to the Buffalo Bills was “humbling” to some, in the words of quarterback Tua Tagovailoa — and reinforced the hierarchy in the AFC East.